What is Hyperion Budget Planning solution
Hyperion Planning is a budgeting and forecasting application from Oracle formerly owned by Hyperion Solutions Corporation. Hyperion Planning uses Essbase (a multidimensional database product sold by Hyperion) as a database and calculation engine, a relational repository for business logic, and includes a web-based user interface.
Hyperion Solutions Corporation was purchased by Oracle Corporation in March 2007. The software itself is a collection of JavaServer Pages and Java Servlets that provide a web interface, as part of an N-tier architecture: a relational database (Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2 or Oracle database), Java EE servlet container (Apache Tomcat, IBM WebSphere, BEA Weblogic or Oracle Application Server), and the Essbase server itself make up a full installation of the product.
Oracle Hyperion Planning is a centralized, Excel and Web-based planning, budgeting and forecasting solution that integrates financial and operational planning processes and improves business predictability. Oracle Hyperion Planning provides an in-depth look at business operations and its related impact on financials, by tightly integrating financial and operational planning models. With Oracle Hyperion Planning you can meet your immediate financial planning needs while enabling a platform for future cross-functional expansion and automated process integration.
- Ensure accuracy—Validate forecasts with integrated, best-in-class analytics
- Reduce budgeting time—Improve cycles by weeks or months
- Align the organization—Combine financial and operational planning in one system
- Address finance needs quickly—Meet immediate finance needs while enabling operations-specific budgeting processes
- Maximize modeling capabilities—Support advanced, power user modeling capabilities with nearly seamless Microsoft Excel integration
- Gain mass user acceptance—Appeal to a wider user community through a simplified Web interface
- Reduce implementation time—Add quick-to-implement, packaged functional planning modules