Human Resource Information System (HRIS)
Human resource information system, is a software solution for businesses to help automate and manage their HR, payroll, management and accounting activities. A HRIS generally should provide the capability to more effectively plan, control and manage HR costs; achieve improved efficiency and quality in HR decision making; and improve employee and managerial productivity and effectiveness.
Typically, the better The Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) provide overall:
- Management of all employee information.
- Reporting and analysis of employee information.
- Company-related documents such as employee handbooks, emergency evacuation procedures, and safety guidelines.
- Benefits administration including enrollment, status changes, and personal information updating.
- Complete integration with payroll and other company financial software and accounting systems.
- Applicant tracking and resume management.
2. Work Time
3. Appraisal performance
4. Benefits Administration
5. HR management Information system
6. Recruiting/Learning Management/TrainingSystem
7. Performance Record
8. Employee Self-Service
The payroll module automates the pay process by gathering data on employee time and attendance, calculating various deductions and taxes, and generating periodic pay cheques and employee tax reports.
The work time module gathers standardized time and work related efforts.
The benefits administration module provides a system for organizations to administer and track employee participation in benefits programs.
The training module provides a system for organizations to administer and track employee training and development efforts.
The Employee Self-Service module allows employees to query HR related data and perform some HR transactions over the system. Employees may query their attendance record from the system without asking the information from HR personnel.
Some of the most popular modules are:
- Recruiting (applicant and resume management)
- Attendance (Manage incident based and regular time off, track accrual pay and all attendance plans, create reports easily)
- Organization charts (Create professional looking, dynamic organization charts)
- Alerts (automatically notify personnel of performance reviews, benefits enrollment, compliance requirements and other key events)
- Employee self service (Employees can update personal information and view benefits elections, absence transactions, time-off balances and payroll information)
- Benefits Administration (Save paper and postage, take weeks off the benefits open enrollment period, reduce administration time, and improve data accuracy)
- Produce reports in minutes
- Succession plans
- Track training for employees
An effective HRIS provides information on just about anything the company needs to track and analyze about employees, former employees, and applicants. When the company decide to buy or outsourcing to help automate and manage their HR, payroll, management and accounting activities to a vendor, remember “Selecting the right HRIS is important”. Your company will need to make sure that they can customize the system to meet its specific and unique needs and that it is a system that will grow with your company.